Activity I – Your university is holding a fund-raiser and will be hiring a band to entertain spectators. You have been selected to serve as the event project manager and have created a Work Breakdown Structure and duration estimates for the activities involved in site preparation for the event. Construct a network activity diagram based on the following information:ActivityDescriptionPredecessorsDuration (Days)ASite selectionNone4BBuy concessionsA4CRent facilitiesA2DBuild standsA5EGenerator & wiring installationC2FSecurityB4GLighting installationE2HSound system installationE, F2IStage constructionD3JTear downG, H, I4
- Conduct both a forward and backward pass using AON notation. What is the estimated total duration for the project?
- Identify all paths through the network. Which is the critical path?
- Which activities have slack time?
- Identify all burst activities and merge activities.
Activity II – Given the following information, answer the questions about this project:ActivityExpected DurationPredecessorsA4 days—B9 daysAC11 daysAD5 daysBE3 daysBF7 daysCG3 daysD, FH2 daysE, GI1 dayH
- Draw the network as a Gantt chart.
- What is the critical path? Which activities have slack time?
- What would happen if activities B and D each took 5 extra days to complete instead of the expected duration? How would the critical path change?