At the end of the week, students will know and be able to:
- Evaluate the dimensions of international HRM.
- Evaluate approaches, issues and criteria used in selecting employees for international assignments.
- Summarize components and guidelines for performance evaluations of international employees.
- Summarize cultural/language issues involved with the selection process of international employees.
- Chapter 7: International Employee Relations
- Chapter 8: International Workforce Planning and Staffing
- Chapter 9: International Recruitment, Selection, and Repatriation
The Quickwrite consists of 5 questions (answer each question in a complete paragraph 150-200 words):
- What terms were the most important concepts of this week’s lesson? Be sure to define any important terms in your own words.
- What was your muddiest point (that is, what did not make sense)? Identify at least one resource (outside of your textbook) that is scholarly/practitioner based and cite it in APA style that helps resolve this question.
- What would you like to know more about from this lesson, and why? Identify at least one resource (outside of your textbook) that is scholarly/practitioner based and cite it in APA style that helps resolve this question (this must be different from the source that you cite for the second question).
- How does this lesson relate to something you have already learned outside of this class?
- How might you apply the lesson to your present or future work experiences?
Refer to the Quickwrite Rubric for more grading details.