congratulations: You have just been promoted to manager. You will be relocated to a new plant that is two hours away that employs 100 employees. You will oversee a team of 10 supervisors and 90 packers and will now oversee the entire warehouse operation. How will you work to use and apply the five functions of management?
Now let’s apply the five functions. In your paper, include the following sections:
- Planning: Examine the specific areas you will choose to manage that fall under the planning function.
- For example, what might be some of the things you will plan to do and implement to build an effective team and culture? People are the most important resource in any business, what do you plan to do to build a positive team culture? What processes and systems do you plan to use?
- Organizing: Assess if the present structure that Amazon has set up is working.
- Do you need to make or suggest any changes to make it more efficient and effective? What structure will you use and implement? Explain how you will use departmentalization in your organizational structure.
- Staffing: Analyze your staffing needs.
- How do you intend to staff your organization and replace members that leave or are promoted? How does the HR process apply? What things (if any) will you suggest?
- Leading: Justify the leadership theory and style you will follow to ensure efficiency.
- Will you use transformational or transactional leadership? Why or why not?
- Controls: Identify what controls and measures you will implement.
- How will you apply the four steps of control (these are in Chapter 7; i.e., establishing standards, measuring performance, comparing performance, and making decisions)?
Be sure to integrate vocabulary learned throughout this course and citations from the text to support your analysis. The paper should be five to six double-spaced pages in length, must include at least three scholarly, peer-reviewed, and/or credible sources, in addition to the textbook, and be formatted according to APA style guidelines as outlined in the Writing Center.