Everything is attached
Watch this video: Critiquing a Journal ArticleLinks to an external site.
Then, answer the following questions to effectively critique the article.
- What is the topic?
- What is the problem statement?
- What was the research question of the study you are reviewing? What were the authors trying to discover?
- What were the research methodologies? Analyze its literature review, the samples and variables used, the results, and the conclusions. Does the research seem to be complete? Could it have been conducted more soundly? What further questions does it raise?
- If there are conflicting studies, why do you think that is?
- How are the authors viewed in the field? Has this study been cited?; if so, how has it been analyzed?
Based on the material you have reviewed on how to draft a literature review, please do the following:
1) Read the scholarly articles you have selected to support your topic and need for your study.
2) Then, group those articles by the themes they relate too. (see power point for example)
3A) For this assignment, please provide the Sub Headings you will use in your literature review, then 3B) underneath list the articles that will be referenced in those sections.
**A literature review can be drafted many ways, the GOAL however, is for the literature to clearly demonstrate what your topic is about, why its important in your field, and most importantly it defines the gap in knowledge, that YOUR study will seek to fulfill. Your literature review should flow from one article to another showing cohesion among them. I encourage you all to look at template literature reviews for ideas, and guidance on structuring.
Please take your Project 1 and add your Literature Review to that. A total of 15 scholarly articles that are relevant to the research topic and problem statement should be included. Articles chosen should demonstrate the gap in literature, supporting the need for your proposed research study. Prepare this assignment in accordance with APA guidelines.