Discuss the key components of the Earned Income Tax Credit through the lens of the readings provided in the course, including:
- The requirements to be eligible to receive the EITC.
- The key arguments of the supporters of the EITC
- The key arguments of the opposition to the EITC.
- Why you think the EITC led to an industry of predatory tax preparers targeting the recipients of the credit.
Second Discussion: Two paragraphs answering these questions
- What is your assessment of the plight of the working poor?
- How close to the edge are they living?
- What is meant by “living on the edge”?
- Some say the “working poor” are invisible. What does this mean? Do you agree or disagree? Explain