For Bioinformatics tools and emerging technologies assessment project you will
- Select one tool used in gene or protein annotation. Write a paragraph describing the bioinformatics purpose the tool serves and how it works. Perform the following assessments:
- Functionality of the tool
- Current issues with the tool
- Foreseen challenges
- Suggestions for improvements
- Select one emerging bioinformatics technology. Write a paragraph describing the bioinformatics/medical or scientific research problem that the tool is addressing, how it is used in bioinformatics. Perform an assessment on:
- Capability of the technology to solve the bioinformatics/medical/scientific research it is addressing
- The distinction between this technology and the already existing technology that relatives performs similar tasks.
- Obvious and foreseen challenges for the technology
- Suggest any other tasks the technology needs to complete and additional features that would help the technology accomplish its mission.
- Conclusion on the bioinformatics and scientific research that the tool and technology are addressing, their success, challenges and shortcomings.
General requirements for the project are: The project should have at least 3 pages and not more than 8 pages. The tool must not be the same as the technology selected. They must be discussed separately in two subsections each with an introduction paragraph.