In order to start this assignment, you need to first select a country you are interested in, then a health issue in that country. Only after that do you need to conduct research and literature review for the health issue in that country.
“The Global Burden of Disease Study” is conducted by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation and published in The Lancet journal. It captures and analyzes data on many major causes of mortality and morbidity from almost every country. The study allows researchers and practices to compare countries and also helps individual countries prioritize major health issues and risk factors with available resources. Review the background of the study by exploring the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation website, as well as the various Global Burden of Disease (GBD), reports found in The Lancet journal. Create a PowerPoint presentation (eight slides, not including your title or references slide) that addresses one of the top five causes of mortality and morbidity from the Global Burden of Disease Study (GBD). Select the health issue based on a specific country of interest and include the following in your presentation:
- Evidence and statistics support it as a major health issue, such as the Disability Adjusted Life Years or other measures of mortality and morbidity. Indicate which country you selected.
- Four major risk factors related to the health issue.
- Potential gaps or limitations in the data.
- Three social or economic opportunities to control or reduce the prevalence of this issue (reference the connection to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals).
- Points of interest regarding this leading cause of mortality and morbidity related to the country you selected.