Health Promotion Outline Presentation
For this assignment, you will choose an objective from Healthy People 2030 and create an outline of the full presentation that will be due in Week 4.
The outline must address the following:
1. Identify Healthy People 2030 objective chosen by you.
2. List the problem addressed in the chosen objective.
3. List the epidemiology, incidence, prevalence, and cost-burden of the problem.
4. Provide a description of a specific population or problem.
5. Discuss how the policy is intended to improve the specific population.
6. List the specific legislators involved with/working on the problem and policy development related to the problem.
7. Discuss how the policy influences clinical practice and is used to promote best outcomes.
8. Examine how the policy can be used by the inter-professional team to improve the problem.
9. List three (3) references with one (1) peer-reviewed article.
Expert Solution Preview
The objective of this assignment is to create an outline for a Health Promotion presentation based on a chosen objective from Healthy People 2030. The outline should include information regarding the problem addressed in the objective, epidemiology, incidence, prevalence, and cost-burden of the problem, a specific population or problem description, the intended impact of the policy, the legislators involved with the problem and policy development, the influence of the policy on clinical practice and promotion of best outcomes, and the utilization of the policy by an inter-professional team to improve the problem. Additionally, the outline should include three references, including one peer-reviewed article.
Answer to the content:
Title: Health Promotion Outline Presentation
– Briefly introduce the chosen Healthy People 2030 objective.
II. Problem Identification
– Clearly state the problem addressed by the chosen objective.
III. Epidemiology, Incidence, Prevalence, and Cost-Burden
– Provide data on the epidemiology of the problem, including incidence and prevalence rates.
– Discuss the cost-burden associated with the problem.
IV. Description of Specific Population or Problem
– Describe the specific population or problem targeted by the chosen objective.
– Include relevant demographic or contextual information.
V. Impact of Policy on Specific Population
– Explain how the policy is intended to improve the health outcomes of the specific population.
– Discuss the potential benefits and expected results.
VI. Legislators Involved in Problem and Policy Development
– List the specific legislators or governmental bodies involved in addressing the problem and developing the policy.
– Provide background information on their roles and responsibilities.
VII. Influence of Policy on Clinical Practice and Best Outcomes
– Discuss how the policy affects clinical practice and promotes the best outcomes.
– Highlight any changes in healthcare delivery or guidelines resulting from the policy.
VIII. Utilization of Policy by Inter-professional Team
– Explain how the policy can be utilized by an inter-professional team to address and improve the problem.
– Discuss the collaboration and coordination required among different healthcare professionals.
– List three references related to the chosen objective.
– Include at least one peer-reviewed article to support the information provided.
This outline provides a structured framework for the Health Promotion presentation based on a chosen objective from Healthy People 2030. By addressing each component, including the problem, epidemiology, specific population, policy impact, legislators involved, influence on clinical practice, and inter-professional utilization, the presentation will provide a comprehensive understanding of the objective and its implications for healthcare professionals.