Observe a children’s (geared towards children ages 2-8) television show for one hour. Answer the following questions
- Name the show(s) you watched, what network it was on, and the date and time you watch it.
- Count the number of food commercials you see.
- Name the food products that were advertised during this time.
- What “hooks” or incentives did these advertisements give children to influence them to want to purchase the foods?
- Compare the foods to the Choose MyPlate (ex: oversized portions, balancing calories, reduction of sugary drinks, etc.) and give your opinion about the content/message of the commercials.
- Share what you learned by doing this activity