- Read Chapter 16 in Applied Psychology in Talent Management.
This week’s topic has been the considerations and design of training and development programs. Draw upon your reflections of the readings and discussion this week as you apply the Beefsteak Case Study to this assignment.
For this assignment, you will assess methods of training and development such as presentation, hands-on, group building, or technology-based training program for the managers of Beefsteak. You will need to determine how Beefsteak, with its quick growth, will train managers as the company continues to expand. Include the essential elements for measuring training outcomes from Chapter 16 of the Applied Psychology in Talent Management textbook. Identify the key principles of instructional design to encourage learner participation. Distinguish between the outcomes of statistically significant effects from practically efficient effects and provide your rationale supported by the course materials and additional research.
In your paper,
- Evaluate various methods of training and development outcomes.
- Assess the methods of training and development.
- Discuss the essential elements for measuring training outcomes.
- Identify the key principles of instructional design to encourage learner participation.
- Assess the outcomes of training, distinguishing between the outcomes of statistically significant effects from practically efficient effects.
The Implementation and Measurement of Outcomes With Beefsteak Case Study paper
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style Links to an external site.as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word Links to an external site.resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice Links to an external site.resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions Links to an external site.and Writing a Thesis Statement Links to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources Links to an external site.table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site.guide.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research Links to an external site.resource from the Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List Links to an external site.resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric Links to an external site.for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.