Review the “Angel Case Study” to inform the assignment that follows.
Part 1: Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA)
Analyze the case study, initial data, and FBA data found in the “Angel Case Study.” In 250-500 words, summarize and analyze the findings of the FBA addressing the following:
- Frequency of incidents
- Interaction with peers
- Consequences of the behavior
- Hypothesis for the function of the behavior: Why do you think the student is acting out?
Support your analysis with a minimum of two scholarly resources.
Part 2: Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP)
Propose a BIP based on the FBA data provided in the “Angel Case Study.”
In 500-750 words, using the “Behavior Intervention (BIP) Template,” create a behavior intervention plan for Angel that includes the following:
- Three measureable behavioral goals for the student to work toward.
- At least two evidence-based motivational and instructional interventions that teach the student how to adapt his behavior in the classroom, while teaching skills that can also be used in different environments.
- Engaging rewards and reinforcements that encourage quality learning and performance, and provide the student with guiding feedback.
- Specific collaborative steps the special education teacher can take to help the general education teacher implement the interventions and create a safe, inclusive, culturally responsive learning environment that engages the student in meaningful learning activities and social interactions.
- How and at what intervals the team will evaluate the student’s success on his goals.
- Two safety interventions that can be implemented if the student’s behavior escalates and he becomes physically violent while in school.
- How you will maintain student confidentiality during the implementation of the plan.
Support the plan with a minimum of three scholarly resources, in addition to the CEC Ethical Principles and Professional Practice Standards for Special Educators.