The course project is a case assignment that will bring together many of the concepts discussed in this course.
The Chang Dental Clinic case is in your Harvard Course Pack: Before reading the case you should read Financial Accounting Reading: Financial Statement Analysis that is also located in your Harvard Course Pack. Read Chapter 16 in online text https://www.principlesofaccounting.com/chapter-16/
The case will require you to assess the opportunity to acquire a business as well as evaluate the likelihood the potential investor will receive the required financing. The analysis should include qualitative assessment of the business to be purchased, the personal character of the potential owner, the dental industry and the proposed location as well as a quantitative assessment based on the preparation of a cashflow statement, ratio analysis and projected financial statements.
To complete your analysis for Chang Dental Clinic, you should:
- Perform an analysis of the dental industry
- Perform an analysis of the Chang Dental Clinic’s corporate capabilities, including an evaluation of Chris Miller as the new potential owner.
- Prepare and analyze a statement of cash flows for the years ending December 31, 2004, and December 31, 2005.
- Calculate and examine key ratios for the Chang Dental Clinic for the years ending December 31, 2003, 2004 and 2005.
- Prepare and analyze a projected income statement and balance sheet for the years ending January 30, 2007.
- As the bank’s loan officer/manager, would you provide Miller with the financing? Why and on what terms.
- Prepare your solution in a word document and attach as a file.
Please read through everything that’s attach as well as the instruction.