We will be using the case study from last week “Forked River Brewing Company” for this assignment. This week we will focus on Porter’s 5 Forces model. The premise of the 5 forces model is that it is used to determine how each force affects the industry, either as threat or an opportunity. For this assignment you will be using the 5 Forces model and analyze how each of these forces impact Forked River Brewing. The purpose of this is so the operators of Forked River Brewing company can gain a better understanding of their current position within the industry. Like last week’s PESTEL, the goal is to gain a better understanding of the external (uncontrollable) forces that provide either opportunities or threats.
1. Watch the video and read the article on the 5 forces model.
2. Review the 5 Forces example (Starbucks)
2. Download the 5 Forces template
3. Read the case study ” Forked River Brewing”
4. Rate the strength of each force on the impact they have on the industry (Low, Low to Moderate, Moderate, Moderate to High, High)
5. Write 3-4 qualitative statements for each to support your rating.