- Week 10 Assignment – Technology, Civil Liberties, and Personal Privacy
For your final assignment, you will research the impact of current and future technologies, and their potential impacts on civil liberties and personal privacy. To complete this assignment, please select and conduct your research on one of the topics from the bulleted list:
- AI/Predictive Policing.
- Automatic License Plate Recognition.
- Body Cameras.
- Facial Recognition Technology.
- Thermal Imaging Cameras.
Download and use the required Week 10 Assignment Template to complete your assignment. Write a 2–3 page paper using the following instructions:
- Provide a brief overview of the technology, accompanied by three details about the history/background of the technology.
- First objective
- Describe three details of typical applications of the technology.
- For instance, you may address any of the three areas of the criminal justice system (i.e., law enforcement, courts, and corrections) that use the technology, including examples of how it is used in this capacity.
- Second objective
- Describe three potential ethical or privacy issues related to the use of the technology.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Research the impact of current and future technologies on civil liberties and personal privacy.
- Institution Release Statement