Week 9 Assignment – Who Uses Personal Care Products?
For this assignment, you work for the marketing manager of an organization that is going to launch a new line of personal care products in the U.S. market. The proposed target market will be males, between 18 and 35 years old, and price points will cover income ranges from lower to mid-level. Distribution is planned to take place in drugstores, grocery stores, and stores such as Walmart and Target, with the primary retailer carrying the full product line being drugstores. You have been tasked with a consumer behavior analysis to help make marketing decisions.Write a 3- 4 page paper in which you:
- Propose a type of message appeal to be used in advertising, making sure to explain the rationale behind the appeal.
- Analyze the different cultures this product will appeal to and make recommendations on which three would be the best choice.
- Decide which microcultures and additional demographics should be targeted.
- Suggest ways to utilize group influence in the marketing of the product.
- Create a plan to address need recognition, search behavior, and getting the product into the consumers’ consideration set.
- Use two sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Formulate a profile of likely purchasers of a new product and strategies for bringing the product into consumers’ consideration set.